Saturday, June 13, 2009

That scary first post

Here it is - the dreaded first post to blank blog. The post that defines you. Do you jump right in with a normal blog or do you give a little background, introduce yourself to the readers that don't exist yet....

Then the moment when you wonder if leaving your old blog behind was really such a good idea. Course, that’s before you remember what you are leaving behind. Having a blog that is close to 10 years old when you haven't hit 25 yet means you blogged in high school and let’s face it, half of those posts can be summed up with the words "nobody understands me".

Who am I? I am a mom, specifically a stay-at-home-mom that struggles with being home. Who was I? I was a college student. I was one of those kids they say has such potential. I was a high school salutation. I was going places.

See why I struggle yet? I was/am the classic overachiever and some things can't be changed. I'm the type that shouldn't have been married before I was thirty and shouldn't have had kids until almost 40. I'm the type that plans everything, counts every penny, and worries constantly about almost everything.

But here I am, my greatest accomplishment in a day is surviving until hubby comes home.

Before I was a sahm, all I ever heard was how great it was, how wonderful spending all day with your kids is, and how it’s the best thing you'll ever do for your kids and yourself and your family. There are days when I am stoked that this is who I've become and that I don't miss anything of Tadpole's growing. But there are also days that I wished someone had warned me about - like when Tadpole decides naps are so beneath him and then becomes the world's crankiest baby around 4 pm. Or when Tadpole thinks it funny to see how many times he can make me have to change my shirt. Or when I've said a million words in the space of 8 hours to someone just a few months old and they've all been creative ways to say "no Tadpole!"

So here I am in an effort to create more time in my life that I socialize with people who didn't once live inside me.

(On a side note: I sincerely apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes. It’s currently 5:30 am and I've not yet managed the whole going to bed thing)

No comments:

Post a Comment